For many of us, the humble desk is where we spend the majority of our days. So isn’t it time we made it a happier place to spend our time?
We’ve conducted a little research to help you make your little corner of the office (home or otherwise) a more pleasant place to be, and think that the perfect desk comprises the following things:
- A screen that’s the right height; avoid neck and back pain and eye strain by getting your chair properly adjusted.
- A simple but effective filing system; overcomplicated ones can mean you will end up spending more time trying to find things than you would have otherwise!
- A reminder of the outside world; if you’re not lucky enough to sit by a window, even looking at a natural scene can help reduce stress and improve your mood
- A plant or flowers; plants improve air quality, enhance mood and help calm you, so definitely invest in a little bit of greenery for your desk (low-maintenance plants that don’t require regular watering are good choices)
- Family photos; looking at the smiling face of a loved one will always help your mood
- A good set of headphones; noise is a known productivity killer, so often the best way to help you focus is to put on your favourite playlist
Is there anything you think we’ve missed? What do you think makes the perfect desk? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter!