The future of work is high tech and – perhaps even more important – mobile. Mobile technology allows for on-the-go access to information, increased productivity, flexibility for where and how work gets done, and improved customer support. Here are four reasons why the future of sales depends on mobile technology.
1) Your sales team will thrive outside the office
— GoToMeeting Canada (@GoToMeetingCA) October 31, 2014
Desks? Ditch them. Send your sales force out of the office — the technology they need to support them is at their fingertips. It’s mobile, and they should be, too. Why, you might ask? For these three bottom-line improving reasons:
- With mobile technology, talent can be sourced from anywhere, not just within the radius of your company headquarters
- Customers place around-the-clock demands on your salespeople who need the ability to respond immediately
- If they’re on the road, they’re closer to your customers, making your salespeople more accessible at the exact moments they’re needed.
2) When sales teams are mobile, they have a competitive edge
More responsive. More informed. Better prepared. More productive. More effective. How do you push your salespeople to be competitive? Make them mobile.
The advantages this technology offers can give your sales force a serious head start over the competition. Being mobile grants them the power to respond to customers’ needs faster, to access crucial information on the go and to streamline their work process. Being mobile also allows your salespeople to have access to the tools they use to do their job. Why go mobile? The question should really be, why not go mobile?
3) Mobile sales teams are better prepared than their competition
Here are the specific advantages you’re arming your sales team with when you make the switch to mobile: lead records, up-to-the-minute analytics, deal-closing digital paperwork, up-to-date pitch decks and curated and organised daily tasks. Don’t forget: Mobile salespeople can collaborate with coworkers and draw on the expertise of their managers from wherever they happen to be.
4) Ready to move your sales team into the future? Here’s what they’ll need:
A common concern with sending your salespeople away from their desks and out into the world? Productivity. But studies have shown that going mobile can actually increase it. The key to maintaining or increasing productivity is to make certain that salespeople have the same level of access to important customer data that they would if they were sitting at a desktop computer in the office. CRM systems should be integrated with email platforms so that interactions with customers can happen efficiently from a mobile device.
Need more information on how the future of work will impact your business? Stay up to date on the latest trends right here.