Secret Santa is meant to be a little bit of light-hearted fun, to help spread some festive cheer around the office. It’s a nice way of making sure that everyone receives a gift, with no one being excluded. Nowadays most companies advise on a budget of around £5, and while that doesn’t buy an awful lot, with some thought and preparation it can be enough to cause a giggle or two.
But these sorts of presents can sometimes be tricky to find, and particularly if you don’t know your recipient that well. So before you begin fretting and trawling around the shops, we’ve done a bit of window shopping ourselves and have come up with some pretty cool ideas which we think your colleagues will love…
- Festive Christmas party selfie props – hours of office fun to be had with this pack of 10 props for taking the best Christmas selfies. Price: £5
- Chocolate cake in a can – just add water, and then bake in the oven! Priced at £5, this could be fun for someone to do with their kids.
- Christmas coffee – this Christmas coffee (ground or whole bean) from Cherizena Coffee infused with Jamaican rum, nuts, citrus and spices, will be a great thing to wake up to on Christmas morning. £3.25
- Sweet Hibiscus Margarita Rim – an unusual idea for the cocktail enthusiast. Priced at £3.50, there will be room in the budget for something else too.
- Roller tape dispenser – bring a little 80’s funk to the office with this reusable tape dispenser. At £7 it will break the budget a little.
- G4 Camera Styled Cover for iPhone 4 – priced at £4.99, this vintage camera-themed phone case is ideal for taking the office ‘selfie’.
- Egg-splode egg cup and soldier cutter – for the young at heart, or someone with boys, this will be a great way to start the day. £6.99
- Novelty Christmas sunglasses – perfect for the officer joker. £5.35
- Create your own chocolate bar – for around a fiver, you can have a go at being Willy Wonka and create a bespoke, personalised 120g chocolate bar for a colleague. Have fun choosing which toppings to use!
- War on Error erasers – priced at £5, this squad of six tiny green GIs is perfect for the colleague who often makes mistakes!
- Eggspress Star – for the colleague who pays close attention to detail, they will love this festive star-shaped egg mould. £5
- ‘Send a Cow’ semen straw – a shot of prime bull’s semen will provide one African family with a bouncing baby calf. At £5, you’ll struggle to find a more unique gift for that price!
- Starbucks voucher – ask your local Starbucks barrister for an unused ‘red’ Christmas cup, and place a £5 voucher inside it.
- ‘My secret plan to conquer the world’ notebook – this hand printed Moleskin notebook would make an elegant pocket-sized gift for the ambitious colleague in your team. £5
If you have a killer Secret Santa gift to add to our list, please let us know in the comments below as we’d love to hear.
Recommended Reading: 10 thoughtful gift ideas for your clients (and even your family) this Christmas